My Mums Craft Shop DT Card - Happy Together

Thursday 9 May 2013
Hi everyone, I'm a day late with my card for My Mum's Craft Shop this week, it's been absolutely manic this past week with one thing and another but here I am raring to go!

This week our theme is 'Dies' and I decided to try something a little different and created a type of scene for my card.  I'm not normally comfortable with this kind of card but I'm really pleased with how it has turned out.



I started by creating the background using two panels of paper from the My Minds Eye Collectable Memorable pad and matting them onto brown cardstock.

I've then die cut a large circle from white card and created a sky effect background using a B000 Pale Porcelain Blue copic pen.  The hill has been hand cut using one of the green patterned papers from the pad and then I have pricked around the edge and added some faux stitching with a brown fineliner.

The cute little brother and sister stamp is called Siblings by CC Designs and I've coloured it with copics and cut it out.  I thought they needed to be sat on something rather than sitting in thin air so I've die cut a bench using the Joy Crafts Floral Flourishes - Bench die and added some accents using white gel pen.  I've then mounted my siblings onto the bench with foam pads.

To finish off my little scene I've die cut some clouds using the Memory Box Puffy Clouds die and I've edged around them with a grey copic pen before mounting them on foam pads to give a floaty effect.

I'm really pleased with this and will definitely be making more cards along these lines in the future.

That's all from me today, have a great day.

Hugs
Shelly x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, your lovely comments always make me smile. I will be sure to pop over and return the love :-)