A Treat for You - My Mums Craft Shop DT Card and New Challenge

Wednesday 1 May 2013
Hi there everyone and happy Wednesday, I hope the sun is shining with you....is Spring finally on it's way?

Here is my DT card for this week for My Mum's Craft Shop and it also doubles up as my card for our new May challenge where the theme for this month is :-

Spots or Stripes

As you know I love spots so this is a dream of a challenge for me !  This is the first time I've used this stamp since I got her, I've just been waiting for the right card and this is it.  She is called Cupcake Cutie by My Favourite Things and I've combined two of the images from the set to create the main focal point for my card.



I've coloured her with copics and added some random dots around the outside to create a background.  I've then added some glitter to the cupcakes although it doesn't really show on the picture.  I've also done a bit of paper piecing on the table cloth.

The papers are all from the Dots & Stripes Bundle of Joy Girl 6 x 6 paper pad by Echo Park and I love the ice creamy colours which I've matted onto Kraft cardstock for a subtle effect.

I've then die cut random size circles and arranged them around my image and finished off with some buttons here and there.

Pop over to the blog to check out the awesome inspiration from the rest of the DT girls and don't forget to leave us a link to your project, we always love to see what you have created.

Have a great day

Shelly x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, your lovely comments always make me smile. I will be sure to pop over and return the love :-)