Carnival Cupcakes - My Mum's Craft Shop DT card

Saturday 29 August 2015
Hi everyone, sorry things have been quiet around here lately, I always have good intentions of posting daily but then life seems to get in the way!

Anyway here I am with my card for this week for My Mum's Craft Shop.  I was going to use another Stamping Bella image but I thought you might be sick of those so I decided to do something different for a change.

You will know by now how much I love polka dots....they seem to appear on most cards I make and this card is no exception.  The dotty background has been made using the Dienamics Polka Dot Cover Uo die which I have mounted onto some gorgeous candy pink cardstock.



I then made my frame using the Dienamics Polaroid Cover Up die onto the back of which I put a piece of acetate and a pink cardstock panel.  I mounted the whole thing using foam pads to give it a bit of dimension.

For my images I used the cute Carnival Cupcakes stamp set by Mama Elephant.  It's a really versatile mix and match set which can be used for loads of different occasions.  I used the large bunny and the scrummiest looking cupcake, coloured them with Copics and then fussy cut them before mounting onto the corner of my frame.

I handcut a little fishtail banner out of stone coloured cardstock and the flowers are made using the gorgeous Dienamics Circle Scribbles die.  I didn't have enough Quickie Glue left to stick them on so I stuck a button into the centre with PVA to stick them down!

I've added a couple of sequins onto the acetate panel to finish up and I did mean to glitter the cupcake but forgot!

That's it from me for today folks.  Have a great Saturday whatever you are up to .

Shelly xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, your lovely comments always make me smile. I will be sure to pop over and return the love :-)