Have a Little Patience

Wednesday 14 November 2012
Hi everyone:-)  Well I've only been running this blog just over a week and already I'm behind on posting....as usual I'm trying to do too many things at one and taking multi-tasking to a whole new level.  It's pretty serious when you take to cleaning the shower while you are actually having one but hey I have to squeeze what I can in when I can lol !

Rich went to watch James Bond last night (thankfully I got out of that one...I just don't 'get' the whole James Bond thing....neither do I 'get' the thing with Daniel Craig but each to their own and all that) and I was looking forward to a night to myself crafting once Megan went to bed.  I thought I would sit down and watch the end of Come Dine with Me then make a start.....that was the last I knew until I woke with a stiff neck on the sofa at 10:40 !!!!!  What a waste of a night lol.

Anyway today I want to share with you a box I decorated as part of my Doodlebug Design Team application.  I still haven't heard anything from them and patience really is NOT my strong point so night after night I check my emails like a saddo and nothing comes and I'm disappointed all over again.  I just don't do waiting very well so that is obviously where Megan gets it from too.

This is a 10" x 10" box which I painted white first (well I didn't, Rich did) and then decorated with papers from the Doodlebug Sweet Cakes collection.  I didn't really have any idea what I wanted it to look like when I started and it kind of evolved from the circle in the centre and then I just couldn't stop adding more and more flowers and buttons until I had to physically tell myself to stop otherwise there would be no space left!  This one is going in Megan's room.....I just have to stop myself cringing everytime she touches it in case she damages it...I'm super proud of it you see !!

And here is the finished article.....


I just hope it's enough to get me on the team:-)


Shelly x

1 comments:

Sue said...

WOW!! This is wonderful. I love the design, the pretty colours and the detailing is just so beautiful.
No wonder you are proud of this. I hope you make it onto the Design Team, you certainly deserve to

Sue

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, your lovely comments always make me smile. I will be sure to pop over and return the love :-)