Detailed versus Clean and Simple

Thursday 7 February 2013
Hi everyone, I've had a crap week illness wise, I got tonsilitis at the weekend and spent my birthday in bed on Sunday:-)  I am getting there now though and starting to feel like picking up my copics again and getting crafty.

As you can see my style of card is always kind of overloaded with lots of matting, layering and little extra details and I have two cards to show you today which show you how I struggle with the CAS style!  I would love to be able to create quick cards in ten minutes but the minute I get the papers in my hands I just want to add more and more, sometimes to the point of aaaargh too much !

The first card uses one of my very favourite images from Tickled Pink Stamps.  She is a digi called Cherry (I think she is designed by the same lady who does the CC designs stamps) and I have used quite masculine papers with her for a change instead of my usual pink, pink and more pink.  The papers are Basic Grey Marjolaine and although I'm not normally a lover of their papers I do like these.

As you can see, lots of little details.....



and the second card....well this is as CAS as I get really.....still with the layers but not so much detail and a lot more white.




Anyway that's all from me today, pop back tomorrow for this week's Dilly Beans Stamps Challenge card.

Have a great day

Shelly xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, your lovely comments always make me smile. I will be sure to pop over and return the love :-)