Pink and Red at Dilly Beans

Friday 22 February 2013
Hey there everyone and happy Friday:-)  I'm absolutely shattered tonight after a great day of retail therapy with my mother in law and Megan and looking forward to a rare weekend with hubby this weekend as he isn't working for once !

As it's Friday that means its challenge time again over at Dilly Beans and this week we want to see your Pink and Red creations.

I love this theme, you can never go wrong with a bit of pink lol !

There have just been some absolutely gorgeous new digis released in the shop and I knew as soon as I saw this one I had to use it.  It's is the 'Framed Flowers Set' and it's available here

I printed my stamp out onto Neenah cardstock and coloured with Copics.  I then cut each panel out and backed it onto hot pink cardstock.



It was then that I realised I had actually printed the stamp too big to fit onto my usual 6 x 6 card and had to move up to an 8 x 8 meaning I had a whole lot more space to fill lol !!

I embossed a 6 x 6 piece of white card with the Bouquet folder from Couture Creations and stuck my panels onto it using sticky pads to give it a bit of depth.

I then embossed a large piece of hot pink cardstock with the same folder and layered a piece of cardstock from my Echo Park Yours Truly 6 x 6 pad as a background for my main stamped panel.

A bit of ribbon and button later plus a sentiment from Paper Smooches and there you go !

I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with the finished result if I'm honest, I absolutely LOVE the image but I don't think I've done it justice with the layout.

If you would like to join us this week please do pop over to the blog where you can also see the creations from the other talented DT girls.

Have a fabulous weekend :-)

Shelly xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, your lovely comments always make me smile. I will be sure to pop over and return the love :-)