My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge - Spring Has Sprung

Friday 1 March 2013
Good Morning !

Today I am really excited as my month of being Guest Designer for My Mums Craft Shop begins today.

My first creation is for the new challenge which is up on the blog today and the theme is 'Spring Has Sprung', which is quite appropriate considering the sunny days that have started making an appearance lately.

When I think of making spring cards I always think pink, yellow, blue etc and I have used papers from the Echo Park Springtime collection which fitted what I had in mind perfectly.



I used some dotty embossed card as my background base for the card and matted it onto pink cardstock.

I then cut two strips of patterned paper, one slightly smaller than the other and matted them onto pink cardstock.  I've then cut a smaller strip of yellow cardstock and embossed this with a Couture Creations Bouquet embossing folder. I've randomly stuck them down at angles on my card and also attached a strip of pink cardstock 'ribbon' with a button as a focal point.

Over that I attached another square of pink patterned paper and embossed a large circle from white cardstock with of course some faux stitching around the edges.

Onto some of the scraps of patterned paper I have stamped flowers from the Paper Smooches Friendly Flowers clear stamp set, which is available  here then cut them out and stuck them to my circle.  I've coloured in some of the centres with copics and added some buttons to make them pop.

I stamped the sentiment from the set onto white cardstock and coloured it in with Copics to match the theme of my card.

So if you fancy winning yourself a £20.00 voucher for My Mums Craft Shop why not pop over to the blog and join us, we love to see your creations and you can also check out what the rest of the DT girls have created.

Good luck everyone :-)

Shelly

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, your lovely comments always make me smile. I will be sure to pop over and return the love :-)