Happy Days - My Mum's Craft Shop DT card

Tuesday 16 July 2013
Goooood morning everyone on this beautiful sunny day (I'm hoping it's a beautiful day, I scheduled this post yesterday !)

It's time to show you my card for My Mum's Craft Shop this week and quite appropriately our theme for this week is 'Summer'.

I've gone way out of my comfort zone this week and created a scene card but the idea came into my head while lying in bed so I knew I had to give it a go.  It was a bit fiddly and involved a bit of fussy cutting but I think it was worth it.



I've started by die cutting a large circle to create my scene on and have used patterned papers from the Echo Park A Perfect Summer 6 x 6 paper pad to make the sand, sea and sky.  One of the sheets is a large sun-ray design so I've cut out a portion of that to make my sunshine.

The bucket and sandcastle I've just created myself out of some of the patterned paper and the beach ball has been made by die cutting a circle of white cardstock and drawing and colouring the beach ball onto it.

I've die cut the clouds from the Memory Box Puffy Clouds die and coloured around the edges with a C-2 copic pen to give a bit of dimension.  The balloons are just cut from one of the patterned papers and I've drawn some mini seagulls with a black fine liner.

Finally my image is Ice Cream Lucy by CC Designs (and she is on special offer at the moment so grab her while you can) and I've coloured her with Copics as always.

And now I wish I could say I'm off to enjoy the sunshine but I'm actually sat behind my desk at work gazing longingly out of the window wishing it was 1.30 !

Enjoy your day everyone

Hugs
Shelly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, your lovely comments always make me smile. I will be sure to pop over and return the love :-)