Long Time No See

Friday 15 May 2015
Helloooooo everyone, well it's been two years since I have blogged and I thought I would give it a go again.  I'm not sure I am happy with my template yet so next time you visit things might look different.

It's been a rough start to the year for me and I totally lost my love of cardmaking for a while.  Everything seemed so pressured and I just wasn't enjoying it.  I decided to take a step back from my website and taking orders and try and get back to crafting for pleasure again.

These past few weeks have been fantastic, just being free to create when the mood takes me and I have found my mojo has returned in full force so long may it continue!

The only problem is that with the return of the mojo, the bank balance has taken a hit as I am being tempted left right and centre with pretty craft things and I can't say no ;-)

Anyway let me share a card with you, it's one of the ones I made before I had a break and it is one of my favourites.  This digi from The Digistamp Boutique has always been one of my faves and has been very popular with customers.  Mind you I have had it that long you may not be able to get it any longer.

The papers are from the Lili of the Valley Mr & Mrs 8 x 8 paper pad and I have matted all my panels onto black cardstock to make them pop.  As always, there are lots of layers ;-)



It was useful that the recipients had short names as I had the idea of putting the names into bunting which ended up working really well.  The mini bunting dies are from Clearly Besotted Stamps and they are so versatile I just love them and the letter dies are from Papertrey Ink (which I got from Ebay many moons ago).

A nice little doily, some satin ribbon and buttons to embellish it and voila..... oh and I forgot to say I coloured my image with Copics.

That's all from me for now, I am off to browse around blogland looking for some new challenges before I go out for lunch with my friend.

Happy Friday everyone!

Shelly xxx


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Shelly!! Oh I'm so glad you came back to blogland yay :-) I've just followed you! Wow are you sure you're "not very technical" your blog looks fab! You need to see how basic mine is hehehe!!
What a gorgeous card to start the year too! Just so pretty!
I've entered lots of challenges this week if you head over to my blog some you may be interested in :-) looking forward to seeing more from you!
Oh a little spend up for a change is good for us all :-P
Happy blogging!
Lucy x

Unknown said...

Thanks Lucy and welcome to my teensy weensy corner of blogland! I will certainly be popping over to yours to feel some card envy at your lovely creations. I am looking forward to getting involved with some new challenges. Have a lovely weekend xx

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, your lovely comments always make me smile. I will be sure to pop over and return the love :-)